Clatjw's ❝ photo blog ❞   |   about  |   Flickr   |   Twitter  |   Facebook   | follow





Mademoiselle Clara
Clatjw | 陈俊微。

I hope 5 years down the road this will be the avenue I will look back on.

Advertising and Public Relations,
Ngee Ann Polytechnic

clatjw@gmail.com


Advertz


Memories
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
April 2011
May 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
March 2012
May 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014


Credits
Layout made by Kari :).
Acne Journey
Sunday, September 9, 2012 ▪ 5:25 PM


hey hey hey!

Im gonna do a post that is very close to my heart and that is about my very problematic skin. Ever since 2009, Im always having breakouts every single gawddamn year; constantly battling with cystic acnes and pimples.

Every time when i have pimples/ acnes i will try my best to stay away from people whom im not close to. When they ask me out i will try to not go out with them. When people look at me and make eye contact with me, i will always cover my part of my face and talk to them and after im done with the conversation, i will quickly look away. no doubt this issue has taken its toll in my life and my self esteem. Inferiority complex has been a part of me ever since my teenage years and im sad to say, till this very day i'm still trying my best to overcome it. I only feel confident when I don't pimples on my face. period.

---
(2009)
You can't really see the dark spots on my face because i was having SYF drama rehearsal so they used a lot of make up to cover the pigmentations. But look at my forehead! i think it is quite visible that my face was infested with bloody pimples -.-

(2010)
The most horrible period of life. This was taken during my mission trip and i remember feeling so insecure about myself and i cried on one night at the hotel. JK saw it and i remembered vivdly that she prayed a very long prayer for my fact. haha. i felt so much after that! 

(2011)


(2012)
There were a lot of factors that caused me to breakout this time but the main reason was due to stress. This semester is so stressful, i cry almost every other night worrying about my assignments and projects. really fmfl this sem. i only get 3/4 hours of sleep every night. 

28/7/12
Close up.
 

and since my skin was already horrible, i thought no harm trying Clarisonic mia 2.

 (I alr have it since last year but i was damn lazy to use it) So after using 1 week, my face looked like this. (partly due to stress again because the week before was my pitching week, we had like 3 major presentation and 1 test on that week, it was CRAZY. ) 

and my pimples broke out even more. I knew this would happen alr cause reviews said so. lolz. they  mentioned that it will get worse first before it starts getting better. 

10 August 2012
Close up.
 
whole face.
quite bad huh? :/ and the day before i've already made up my mind to go back to Kin Mun again. 
 

So off we went! 
and went back $300+ poorer. (But keep in mind, this is a GOOD investment)

and after a week of using Kin Mun Products and Clarisonic, my face was super duper dry and there were still quite a number of acnes. (You can't really see the dark spots because i applied BB Cream that day.) 

17 august


can see the Bloody huge pimples. 

and that week, it gotten so bad. so bad that my bloody teacher even started to make comments about my face. (maybe she was joking, idk.) See, i even wrote a post in my private blog. This was how fucking bad my face got.  


so i stopped taking pictures of my face progress but then after using kin mun products for a month, my face really got better. I know it still looks quite horrible but please remember my face condition was far worse.  There aren't a lot of cystic acnes in my face now but what are left is the acne scars and pigmentations. 

(5 September 2012) 

 

(^_^)

Before and after 
(1 month after using Kin Mun Products and Clarisonic Mia 2)
 

 


About Kin Mun Clinic :
The first three times you are there you need to pay for consultation charges. I'm not sure how much is it because the first time i went was 3 years back. The reason why I stopped going there last time was because the clinic was very small, the doctor and nurses are damn cocky and the waiting time is freaking long. Oh and it is very expensive too (But i have no issue with money as long as it can heal my face)

The reason why i went back to Kin Mun Clinic again was obviously, my skin has gotten out of control.  Their clinic is now super big and it looks quite futuristic from the outside (lol, not joking. I was actually freaking impressed when i stepped into the clinic.) and the nurses are damn friendly now.  They will try to make small talks with you. This is something you will never get to see three years back. However, the waiting time is still long.  le sigh.

This was the product they gave me. If my memory haven't failed me, i think this whole set (without consultation) was $320? as you can see, they wrote all the numbers down for you and you need to follow it in order. 


1 - Facial Wash
2- Toner
3a - Skin Renewal Gel
3b - Antibiotic Gel
4 - PHA gel
5 - Pimples and oil control cream
6 - SPH 65++ Sunblock 

I knew my face will be peeling cause this whole entire set is damn drying to my face. I asked them for moisturiser but they said my face was oily so i didn't need it but after using the products for a few days, my face was damn dry and i was peeling like a snake. So i bought 

Avène Skin Recovery Cream. ($40, Watson)

So yeap, if you guys are interested in Kin Mun Clinic, the address is: 
66 Toa Payoh Lorong 4
#01-311/313/319
Singapore (310066)
tel: 6256 6353

I seriously think im not ugly but because of the pimples and acnes, i really look like shit ALL THE TIME. These are the photos when my face was at its flawless peak. All taken at the end of 2011. 

(W/o make up | With make up) 
 

 With Make up

 w/o make up.





Hope it will get better before the start of semester 2. :)


till then :)

UPDATES:

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Blogger Clara Tan said on September 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

testing testing ^_^


OpenID psawyerbeauty said on September 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM  

Hi, I chanced upon your blog and I think you're really brave to pen down this 'journey'. Your smile is so pretty!

I also suffer from severe acne (still am, due to those horrible hormones) and finding a solution to keeping them under control. Sadly, there's no cure for acne.

What I really want to recommend you to try is the light therapy at Kin Mun. I did it for abt 5 times (once a month) and I think they really helped.

Subsequently, I bought the machine to use at home as I think it's working for me and buying the machine would be worthwhile considering how frequent I'd use it. Do give it a try at the clinic and let me know what you think about it! :)

Keep smiling!


Blogger Clara Tan said on September 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM  

Hi psawyerbeauty!

The reason why i penned down this "journey" was because there are a lot of reviews out there bout kin mun but none of them have pictures on before and after so i thought this would be good! :)

Okay, i will definitely try their light therapy once im done with my facial package :)


Anonymous 'Amirah Jumat said on September 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM  

Hey Clara!

I am currently using the products from Kim Mun Clinic too and I must say, I don't have terrible breakouts like I used to. Although it can be really pricey, i think it's really worth the price.

I'm really proud of you for being so brave about writing one of your biggest insecurities and showing it to the world. Not many girls are able to do this while they are going through it. You're always brave in my eyes and I guess that's one of the reasons why i like about you. and that is why you are my best friend : )

love you!


Blogger Clara Tan said on September 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM  

eh wah amirah! YOU KNOW WE HAVE BEEN SAYING KIM MUN KIM MUN KIM MUN FOR YEARS. only today then i realised it is called KIN MUN. LOLLLLL. HEEHEEE! i love you too!


Anonymous Anonymous said on November 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM  

Hi dear!

I'm also currently back to Kin Mun for skin issues. May I know how long did the peeling last for you? Did the Avene Skin recovery really helped to soothe your skin? Thanks in advance! :D


Blogger Clara Tan said on January 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM  

@anonymous!

Hi sorry for the late reply! it took around 1 month for my skin to fully adapt to the creams and stop peeling!
And yes, Avene Skin Recovery helped to soothe my skin!

xoxo


Anonymous Anonymous said on March 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM  

Hi

Hv you seen dr Juliana Goh there? The lady doc other than mr wee who owns the clinic. Can't find her credential online. Is she a qualified dermatologist? I used to see mr wee but don't like his attitude. Am deciding btw dr Ang Chee beng n going bk to kin mun.

Thanks!


Blogger suzanne johan said on April 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM  

Hi clara :) Your face so beautiful right now :) so envy.. I am getting more confident now.. I have my second consultation this monday, i hope my face sensitives recover soon :)

thank you


Blogger Clara Tan said on May 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM  

@Anonymous
Yes, I have seen her and frankly she is not as "dao" as Dr Wee! But she doesn't talk much! :/ most of the time go to Kin Mun, I just buy the products straight from the counter! I don't really like their attitude too!

@suzanne Johan
Thank you! I hope all is well now :)


Blogger shihui cham said on February 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM  

Hi Clara, do I need to make an appointment first? :)

Post a Comment




< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >





© Layout made by tkh/mk..
blog counter
blog counter